[SOLVED]FTP Error 421: Too many connections from this IP
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, it is used to transfer files from the host to the client computer or in better words we can say FTP is used to transfer files from a server to a local machine or vice-versa. In web hosting FTP plays a big role, we can update the website files on the server using FTP. Follow this guide to solve FTP Error 421: Too many connections from this IP.
FTP Error 421: Too many connections from this IP :
This error usually occurs if you open new connections without closing the older ones from the same IP. Usually, there is an Idle Time limit on the server which disconnects the older(non-active) connections. You can wait for some time and then try to reconnect.
Increase the connection limit from WHM:
- Login to WHM of your server.
- In the WHM search bar search for FTP and select FTP server configurations as shown in the following screenshot.
- Scroll down a bit to find Maximum Connections Per IP Address as shown in the following screenshot.
- Change this number according to your requirement of connections. We recommend not to raise the number too much.
- After increasing the limit press save on the bottom of the page.
- Retry connecting to FTP and you should be able to connect to the FTP server.
Need help installing Pure-FTPd? Read our guide here.